To develop in our students the zeal to utilize their potential to the maximum as well as a mindset for excellence and nurture them to be a responsible and caring citizen.
We believe that our mission can be achieved through a passion for well rounded education with a pursuit of excellence in academic knowledge, skills and behaviour that will develop moral, physical, social and aesthetic aspects of each child upto to his inherent potential, which will lead to a mind set for excellence to emerge as global leaders in their respective fields.
Venakteswar English Medium School,Chandrasekharpur , Bhubaneswar, affiliated to CBSE, offers high quality co-education to students from Pre School to Grade 12 with English as the medium of instruction. The curriculum design permits wide scope for children to explore their interest and to promote creativity, curiosity, determination and independence self reliance, tolerance and team work are a part of their learning experience. We strongly believe that this will enable them to excel in the 21st century. The curriculum tries to address the individuality of students and does not confine itself to academics, sports and activities only.
Aims and Objectives
- To inculcate a passion for learning and developing self expression, innovation, initiative and experience blended with an understanding of traditional values.
- To develop a mindset for continuous improvement and excellence in work and to promote a sense of discipline and imbibe a sense of responsibility and devotion to work.
- To offer a progressive learning environment which fosters excellence and original thinking.
- To propagate patriotic, social and ethical values for responsive citizenship. Deploy new and innovative technology, making teaching and learning an interactive and fun process.
- To encourage physical, mental and moral growth of the students and create in them a zest for learning.
- To develop in all our students, a positive attitude, self-esteem, confidence and instill scientific temper along with respect for human values and cultural ethos.
- To imbibe courage and determination to meet and welcome new challenges in today's trendy world.
- To recognise and to encourage talent of all kinds and of all degrees and to endeavour to stretch the intellectual and creative capacity of individuals.
- To encourage children to appreciate the virtues of teamwork to foster the habit of responsibility and to exercise individual judgement.
- To be vigorously selective in material presented to children, but always, to pay, particular attention to clear thinking and ability of discrimination.
- To develop, in the school, a caring community, exercising concern and respect for the welfare of others and our society.
The Academic Programme
Classes are offered from Pre School to standard X.
Our academic programme is unique in its consistency, thoroughness and creativity.
Children's academic, emotional and physical development are the underlying principles of our programme.
At school, during the developmental stages, concepts are first introduced to the child through stories and images and using the smart audio-visual class programme. The academic programme at each level is linked to themes of study. Though there are text books at every level, reliance is not on text books alone, subjects of study are integrated with visual modules. Children are given adequate practice in concepts through various activity sheets, practice/mock sheets and skill builder sheets which reinforce the concepts learnt at school. Assignments are graded periodically to grade the level of achievement and programme made in learning by the child.
The school is equipped with smart class rooms that enables the child to visualize the concepts studied. Children understand the concept better using the visuals in the class room. This way the interest of the child is also sustained in the class room.
Entering kindergarten is an exciting experience for children. It's their first big step into formal education. Pre School, Pre Primary level in the school sets the tone for the entire schooling years of the child. The special designed block for these level classes offers a unique way of learning to support and enhance their creativity, discovery and exploration.
The objective of the academic programme at this level is to help every child appreciate and understand as much as he / she can of the human achievements in the natural sciences, social sciences, humanities and the different forms of arts. The focus is on preparation of every child to face the world of rapid change, to ensure maximum growth of each learner. The curriculum has been exclusively framed to enable every child to acquire the basic skills of learning and mastery over them. High academic levels are maintained right from the lower classes to face the challenges of the outside world confidently and competitively. The most attractive feature of the curriculum at this level is the absence of exams upto class V, thus making learning full of fun. Children are assessed and graded with continuous evaluation.
The Middle School programme Grades VI to VIII
The programme at middle school is a preparatory programme for the secondary level learning. Learning from this level onwards focuses on exploration and is inter-disciplinary approach. Importance is stressed on independent learning and developing these skills in the learner apart from emphasis on project based learning linked with the studies of science and social sciences.
The Secondary School Grade IX & X
The smooth transition from childhood to adolescence is facilitated by comprehensive, value & education. Students are mentored to follow the particular scheme of study and assessment as described by the new scheme of CCE by CBSE. At the completion of the secondary school, students are provided a comprehensive evaluation card. The card is an assessment of their conduct, outlook and overall performance in sports and co-curricular activities.